New blogger design and some sentiment

May 22, 2014


This post came a tad late, considering that this design is up and running for just a little more than a couple of days now and I reckon that most of you have seen it already. 

A bit of blog sentiment
I am a die hard blogger since 2009, and boy have I made a journey with this blog baby of mine. I have always been a person that found a certain fulfillment in documenting her life, making scrapbooks, moodboards, etc, to never forget certain happenings. They say that if you don't want something to be forgotten ... write about it. 

However, starting a blog many years ago was inevitable; I have had a ton of online blogs before this one, but somehow I could never find the consistency to post on them and in the end they fell into oblivion. Luckily most of the websites are offline now, otherwise the world wide web would have been filled to the brim with my teenage ramblings, lack of manners, my dark and depressing thoughts that fitted my gothic lifestyle as a satin glove.

What you don't know, is that this blog started in my native language, Dutch, and that I wrote under an anonymous name. I wrote about my daily happenings, the easy and difficult things just like I do now; only these days I write them in a much more superficial manner; that came when my blog got more renowned and I used my own name. Besides, I didn't ought it necessary to write them down. Many posts have been removed throughout the years, too. 

Blogging has brought, and still brings, me much joy; I have met great- and like minded people, got amazing opportunities and so forth and I just saw my beloved blog grow more and more. I lóve to write about vintage for you, but mainly I write because it's a great outlet for me. The Hollywood/vintage beauty tips? Consider them my online post-its; in that whay I can easily find them back whenever I need them. I just love to try them all and want to share that.



The Design
The design is by far not finished yet. I have much more for this blog's design up on my sleeve, but these will be very small changes and will come within time. I would like to do more with watercolor also. My father is -next to his job as an army adjudant- a renowned painter and I can remember him painting with a lot of water paint, aquarelle, and so forth. I always gave it my best shot, too, and I never got rid of my fancy for water color. In the past, when I had the time and patience, I painted my diary subject titles in watercolor with flowers and bees, just like you see in today's web design. I think it would be a nice idea to link that habit back to my online blog.

As some of you migt have noticed, I made this blog on a responsive template so that it would be viewable on all sorts of devices. Mind you, I haven't implemented áll devices in the CSS yet, but I have come far and for most devices it's viewable. As you can also see, I added categories so that browsing is made easier and a slider with topics that is also clickable. You can also find personal links on top such as an about me, my second (food) blog and my in the media page. Oh, and the social icons that are already water colored ;-)

I hope you like it so far!

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. I don't comment a lot, but I thought now would be a good time to mention that I have been reading this blog for a couple years, and I've really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Laura! I am so happy to hear that, you have no idea! This really makes my day!

      Delete
  2. You've started in your native language?!
    So have I. Long, long time ago I wrote my blog on my native language, and it used to be my place to "shake off" some of my frustrations; and that's why I named it that way (it was an irony, due to the fact that, in those times, I hated: pink, purple and I hated being called "honey").

    I like this new design of yours.. and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marija,
      How long do you have your blog?

      Writing in your native language makes it much easier. Although my English isn't bad, it is not great and I hate it when I make some grammar mistakes. But I am eager to learn.

      I knew that, if I would continue writing in Dutch I would not attract many people; certainly not vintage ones. The Netherlands is so tiny!

      Delete
  3. Dear lady, you came a long way with your blog. I used to water color and decorate all my writings too, although I don't do it for many years now. I always had diaries and scrapbooks, but they were well more private than my new baby blog.

    I love your blog and I think your are very skilled! You write so well in English (I wish I did like you!). I completely understand that writing in English makes sense. The most of the blogs that I follow are written in English... for me is like sitting in a room with people speaking in English and then you start speaking in Portuguese, or Dutch... doesn't make sense, does it. (I hope my English improves a little more so people can understand it! ) :o)

    I've said it before and I say it again, you should, my pretty lady, start making water colors for your blog! You have an artistic spirit and makes perfectly sense. Your blog is looking clean and beautiful and I'm sure will be enriched by your personal touch of brush ;-)

    Miss Beta xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi darling Miss, so good to hear from you again! How are your parents? I hope they're doing better!

      It's so funny how we are so alike, I love it! Thanks a lot for your kind words on my blog, that makes me happy! I am very weary so it won't take long before it replaces another one.

      xxxx

      Delete
    2. Hi darling gal! My father is doing better now but my mom takes my time and sleep away. Sometimes I feel that I'm going to collapse at any moment and loose my sanity. But just for a couple of minutes.

      I think a blog doesn't have to be with the same “outfit” for ever! Makes sense that you dress on your blog now and then. Don't we do it every day too? :-)

      That fun! ;-)

      Miss Beta xxx

      Delete
    3. I am glad to hear that your father is doing better. Hopefully your mother will follow soon and that you can begin your well deserved rest!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images