Shamelessly advertising my foodblog

April 06, 2014


In the past I have been shamelessly spamming links of my foodblog on here already, which means that I am a bit reluctant to post this, although I remind myself that this is my blog and that I write on here what well damn pleases me. So there!

I must admit that my foodblog is getting more of my time and effort than this one does these days, and I must apologize for that, really. But cooking and food photography works as a relaxant for me and that was something I really needed these past months.

As some of you ( who are my friends on my private Facebook or who follow me on Twitter ) know, I was battling something bad in my breast and that my fear of breast cancer was huge (but thank heavens it was nót breast cancer). Granted, I am a catastrophic thinker but cancer loves my family so it seems, as my grandmother from mothers-side had it (and survived!!) and my aunt from my fathers-side of the family unfortunately died because of it. On top of that, we also have the BRCA gene in the family. So the fear was justified in a way. After two weeks of being terribly ill and bedridden ( and I am still not back on the mend ) I finally found the courage to visit my GP, to learn to my greatest joy that it was *just* a benign condition I was already aware about but which grew worse over time and with which I have to learn to live with. The stress it caused made me even more ill. And to realize the stress was all for nothing (well it was something, ofcourse, but not the worst thing that could happen) was such a shame. But I was/am very very happy and I celebrated the news with a big chocolate pie. Afterwards, I have been talking to several other women who told me they were too afraid to see a doctor, too, but thanks to my story they got some more courage and made an appointment. And that's why I am writing this down. It is extremely important, ladies, that you keep a close eye on your bosom, because you know what they say: it's better to prevent than to cure! Whenever you see or feel something that doesn't belong there, you must contact a doctor right away - setting aside all anxiety! There's a huge chance that it's something benign (especially if you are very young) but you might never know! There is always that small chance. Women who have breast cancer running in their family, have to check their bosom every month! I needed this off my chest and I'm sure you'll understand!

Back to cooking: cooking and food photography aren't the only relaxants; it is also very satisfying to get something really nice on the table that also pleases your partner when he comes home from his work (since a short while he works at castle Hackfort in Vorden - what a beautiful job he has). Cause as you know by now, we live nostalgic and cook nostalgic.

A Dash of Nostalgia got a makeover today and I am quite pleased with it. I am very buzy to get a good photography thing-y going on there and I know there's so much to learn for me in that area, but it's such a darn interesting road to follow! A Dash of Nostalgia can also be found on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest, of which all are not my private accounts.

Anyway: I would love to see you as a follower on my food blog!

Click on the links to see the recipes!








You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Oh Lindsay,welcome back!I'm so glad that you are well now,I miss your posts alot!You're right , we should to check us very often but , sometimes , fear can paralyze someone.I'm so happy that you are ok,send you a bear hug!ooops..Sorry my bad English !
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetheart! I am still not back on the mend but I feel much much much better than with the fear. I can't imagine how devastated people must feel when they do get to hear the worst possible news.

      Your english is fine by the way! xxx

      Delete
  2. i do enjoy following your food blog. there are such interesting recipes there and your photography is superb. glad that it is a good relaxant for you and that you are on the mend.
    and i like what you said; this is your blog soooo... write whatever you want. so very glad to hear you don't have cancer. i'll bet that WAS scary!!
    love ya :)
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling gal, I find that lovely to hear! It was indeed scary! Thank goodness it was good news! xxx

      Delete
  3. Sweetheart, I am so very sorry that you've been endearing the uncertainty of a cancer scare recently. Thank you for sharing such an incredibly intimate fact with us. I hope with every fiber of my being that it does indeed turn out to be something completely non-cancerous and that you never, ever have to deal with cancer firsthand.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very, very scary but I am so happy that it's just a benign condition that the fear luckily lies in the past and faded away like snow in the sun. However, it gave me a good kick in the ass not to be too stoic about it.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images