5 things that made me disproportionately happy the past week

April 15, 2014

I decided that this blog needs a bit of a positive uplift, after it suffered a bit of neglect due to myself who spends more time on her food blog, spamming recipes into the world as if it's Christmas. I wanted to share 5 things that made me disproportionately happy the past week. Counting and reflecting your blessings and happiness is always a good thing to do, don't you think?

1 'New' 1930s Art deco bed!


There are many many reasons why this bed makes me happy! First of all; it's a bed. And who doesn't love his bed after a long day!? But also because it's absolutely gorgeous, huge, and I feel like a queen in it. But most of all: it relieved me a great deal from a tormenting backache I suffer for a looong time now. Our former bed felt as if I had been sleeping in an iron maiden (the torture device not the heavy metal band) or something! Every morning when I got up, I felt a 100 years old and I had a huge problem getting supple again. Huge backache, but none of that with this bed! So yeah, I am a cheery flower when I wake up now!

2. The Forest Feast food blog.

Although I am a vintage food blogger myself, I can get very happy when I see such beautiful food blogs as Erin's, posting creative (almost entirely vegetarian) recipes. Erin is kind of living my dream life in her cottage in the forest, being a food photographer and having written her own cookbook. I like many food blogs but The Forest Feast stood out due to it's stunning design (look at her beautiful watercolor paint design) and her stunning photos and ofcourse, not entirely unimportant for a food blog, delish recipes. The link is emphasized in red above her banner! Do click and let her blog enchant you! It certainly did to me.

3. The new season of Game of Thrones

Ahh yes, if you follow me on Twitter I am sure that you're aware of my love for HBO's Game of Thrones. I have long waited for the new season to start again and a week ago, it finally did. This new season came godsent because I was suffering withdrawal effects of The Walking Dead. I still like Tyrion Lannister best. And you?

4. Little wrap pizza's
Ready to be put in the oven.

It barely happens, but this week I was not able to find a vintage recipe for some ingrediënts that I had in the fridge and which needed to be used that day. I was also running short on time and I tried to make a delicious meal with what I had. I came up with wrap pizza's. It's not a vintage recipe and thus it cannot be found on my food blog.

You want the recipe?
Spread some tomato purée over the wraps, top with grated cheese, cherry tomatoes and whatever else you like. Mine are topped with the above mentioned, but I also had some delish carpaccio, roquette, parmezan cheese, pine nuts and pesto. Put them in the oven for 10 minutes and et voila. It takes very little of your time and it's quite good and filling.

5. Wij jonge vrouwen - year of publication

Last week, Ben brought a whole volume of this magazine 'Wij Jonge Vrouwen' (we young women) from the 1940s home for me. It's Christian, and although I am not, it's still a helluva lot fun to read. Many tips and loads of lovely fashion! So I have something nice to read, snuggled up on the couch with tea and the cat. The weather sucks anyway!

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

  1. Mijn favorieten zijn Dany, Arya en Tyrion. Heb je de boeken ook gelezen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arya is ook zéker een van mijn favorieten. Ik heb de boeken nog niet gelezen *schaam*

      Delete
  2. Wooow,that Art Decò bed is crazy wonderful,absolutely perfect and it looks so comfortable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed soooo comfortable! I am so smitten with it! It's perfect! xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh, Uau! That bed looks amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah stunning eh! Good to see you back here :-D xxx

      Delete
  4. I love Game Of Thrones^^ Tyrion has always been one of my favourites, but also Jon Snow and Dany. And while reading the books I kind of "fell in love" with Jaime Lannister. I don't think his charakter comes across very well in the TV show.
    And I miss Walking Dead as well...
    Your bed looks awesome - and even better if you sleep that well^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking dead comes back in fall this year, doesn't it? I certainly hope so! Is Daryl Dixon your favorite, too?

      Delete
  5. You bed is seriously stunning!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! What an awesome, instantly room transforming find. Congrats!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Very majestic isn't it!?

      Delete
  6. That bed is beautiful! And it’s good to know that it helps you sleep better, too. So seldom are things practical AND beautiful!
    I just love art deco furniture, there’s a website that does reproduction art deco/art nouveau furniture, but it’s terribly expensive. So it’s not very realistic for me to ‘shop’ there, but it’s always nice to browse/dream!
    Those wrap pizzas look really good, I’ll have to try them sometime! My mum, every so often, makes these weird appetizer things (I have no idea how to accurately label them) which are toasted French breads with pesto, mozzarella cheese and a cherry tomato. They’re very quick and simple, and are really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's sounds reeaaallly good! I must try that, too! I am always in for good food hahaha. I have the appetite of a horse :-)

      Delete
  7. That bed sure is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images