Such a cute little bow knot scarflet!

February 15, 2014


Isn't it cute? My friend Jip from Old-fashioned at heart knitted me this magnificent scarflet and she made it from a 1930s pattern. I am very happy with it. I wish I could knit myself cause then I would knit it in all possible colors imagineable. Well ... I can knit as I have learned so at primary school, but I can't knit as well as Jip can. I recall one moment at school, where I had to knit a white seal and I think I have been working on it for a whole year - I hated to do it.  Everyone was long finished and working on other, much nicer projects already and I was still knitting the bloody seal. Trauma! ;-)

But anyway: for a small fee, Jip can knit you a scarf like this one, too! You just have to contact her at her email and she will be delighted to knit you your own! The scarfs are warm, made from good material and beautifully crafted. Just email her at: oldfashionedatheart@gmail.com 


I am double happy with it, as I didn't had the right scarf to go with my 1930s ensembles. I had either repro's or went outside without a scarf. That costed me my life, almost, a couple of times, due to my susceptibility for pneumonia's (blame asthma and my negligence). *Sigh* ... the things you do for a correct look ;-).


The shoes are the Burgundy ones I talked about in a previous post. They may look cold but winter still isn't unbearable in the Netherlands (although it's very, very windy) and they keep my feet surprisingly warm. They walk heavenly. They are from the late 1930s and are actually a size too big but they feel as if they are just my size. The hat is also from the 1930s and one of my latest purchases. It has a large bow on the back and I love the beret kind of shape. Also my cute crocheted bag is from the 1930s and I found it at a fleamarket a year ago. My gloves, also 1930s, were gifted by a total stranger who left them at the doorstep with other gloves and beauuuutiful sunglasses from aforementioned era. My coat, you guess it, 1930s.


I had a rather dashing man taking my photos. So may I present you my boyfriend - who is never comfortable in front of the camera!



You Might Also Like

12 Comments

  1. that is a cute scarf! it looks very warm, too. I also like your bag, such neat colors!
    Your have a very dashing boyfriend, my dear, he looks great I his suit.
    what a lovely couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much Abigail!

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous, dear. That litle scarf is so adorable. I'm tempted to try this myself - though I'm not very persistend when it comes to knitting^^ And your new shoes are marvolous. That red is beautiful^^
    Your husband looks dashing and should show himself more often^^ I really like men in suits und a hat. We don't see that very often nowaday.
    You're both a really pretty couple^^
    Greetings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that the pattern is online somewhere! If not, please tell me and I'll find it for you! :-)
      Thank you for your compliment!!

      Delete
  3. Dear Lindsay you look fabulous! :-) Trés Chic!
    And my chin still open at that fantastic hat... gorgeous!

    Miss Beta xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Miss! Yeah I really like the hat and fits so well!
      Good to see you on Facebook aswell! :-D

      Delete
  4. You're both so beautiful and elegant!!!Love your coat and hat Lindsay , that's the style I prefer!Once again you're perfect!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully accessorized winter ensemble, sweet dear. Your new (old!) shoes are every bit as stunning (if not more so) than I'd envisioned them when you'd described them in your previous post. I want a similar burgundy pair for myself very much now! :)

    You both look smashing!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling Jessica! Yes the shoes are amazing and I am so happy that winter hasn't broken through thoroughly, which means that I can still wear these shoes! xxx

      Delete
  6. I really likes the fact that you both share your love for the past like my husband and I!!!!
    What a gorgeous hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am quite delighted with it!
      And, you and your husband are such a marvelous couple together! It's so great to have your biggest love share one of your biggest passions, isn't it?

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images