Focusing on a Spring-y wardrobe

February 10, 2014


Fruit and strawberry Daiquiri's

Winter never really broke through in the Netherlands, although I heard that in some parts of my country people enjoyed snow. I didn't! Which is quite akward, considering that the Netherlands is such a small country and I haven't seen a single snowflake drop! Zutphen remained snow free and I am not sorry for that, really. Snow is beautiful, especially if you live in a hanseatic city with medieval exteriors, like we do, but when it snows in the Netherlands, it doesn't stop till April! Anyway, it hasn't been very cold here with an exception of a couple of days (like yesterday when a harsh storm was going on and blew me away whilst photographing).

Like I always do around the end of wintertime, I bought a couple of 'barely there blue' Hyacinths to reel in Spring. I can't wait for Spring: pink and white blossoms, fresh greenery, baby animals, a soft sun, chirping birds and spring picnics! Oh I love picnics so much, a basket filled to the brim with selfmade sandwiches, fruit, strawberry Daiquiri's (non alcoholic for me ofcourse) and tea. 

But best of all ofcourse: a spring wardrobe. Don't get me wrong, I love my winter wardrobe; the dark and earthy colors of my woollen dresses, coats with fur and cute 1930s galoshes.

Bow blouses, soft fabrics and embroidery

But I am looking forward to focus on my spring wardrobe more than ever before. I want to orient myself on some lovely, colorful, patterned blouses and dresses with collar details - particularly the bow blouses and dresses that are catching my fancy lately. They add a lovely detail when combined with a suit for colder Spring days. I would like to add soft silk fabrics and crocheted dresses with colors such as plum, mint green, broken white, ivory, salmon pink, marine blue and mustard yellow, to my wardrobe. I would also like to add embroidered blouses! I think they are simply divine!

Get inspired with me!

Image source: © www.stylehive.come

Image source © seamstresserin.com

Image source © seamstresserin.com

Image source © www.etsy.com





Image source © www.evadress.com




How lovely are these examples? Pretty dashin, right? Are you looking forward to Spring, too? 

Note: images without source are found on Pinterest. Please claim if they are yours. My email can be found at the bottom of this blog!


You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. Here (in Germany) it was exactly the same. In some regions it has snowed incredibly much, but I haven't seen a single snowflake.
    To be honest, I'm not really sad about it. I like the spring and summer much more, because you have a wider choice in terms of your clothes.
    I can't wait until spring has arrived. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet Germany is much bigger than the Netherlands! Odd still, I guess we'll never understand mother nature! I agree with you on the clothing, it works also better for my hair: wind and rain are killer!

      Delete
  2. We also quite not had winter in North East of France, only some snow but it melted so fast!
    It rains, rains and rains, I'm fed up with this wet weather!!!!
    I'm really looking for spring... mainly because my husband and I will go on a trip in the US in april, that will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people say that winter will not skip us and I fear that they are right!
      Wow, a trip to the US! I am jealous, I want to go there, too, myself!

      Delete
  3. Bow blouses are terrific! here in the US, I'm in Kansas and we've just had tons and tons of snow dumped on us time after time, which I don't mind that much, but I'm starting to long for spring. Good spring inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!!!! I am so, so looking forward to spring. It's strange, usually I don't mind if winter wants to stretch one for an age and a half, sometimes I'm even sad to see it go, but this year I feel more powerfully pulled towards spring's return than I have in a very long time. All of these wonderfully stylish images are fueling that desire all the more for me! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past few years, winter really bothered me while this wasn't before. I am not quite sure why I don't quite like winter but perhaps it's the fact that with each year it's getting colder. This winter excluded although I think we will get a knock-back and suffer a harsh late-winter.

      Delete
  5. I can smell the spring while I was looking at these images. The fresh grass growing, the early flowers blooming - not only in the garden, but also on a lady's dresses!
    Thank you for the inspiration and thank you for welcoming forthcoming spring!

    Marija

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images