Down Hearted Blues.

February 09, 2014


... Trouble, trouble, I've had it all my days
Trouble, trouble, I've had it all my days
It seems that trouble's going to follow me to my grave ...

++++

Inspired by the Jazz songs from the 1920s ánd a free day in a rather buzy schedule, I decided to spend my time on reading, watching movies, listening music and making some portraits, too! These days I am totally soaked up in songs and silent movies from the roaring twenties - and I think it shows in the photo.

The music playing in the background was that of Bessie Smith and I titled the portrait after one of her songs 'Down Hearted Blues'.

I hope you like it! 

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. That's such a hauntingly beautiful song, and a beautiful portrait too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Abigail, and yes that song is beautiful. I like almost all of her songs! xxx

      Delete
  2. There is a fiery, soulful, electric beauty and sense of alluring mystery to the look you've created here, dear gal. It's nothing short of muse worthy.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. That really cheers me up! xxx

      Delete
  3. Heel mooi gedaan! Ik vind je oog make-up echt prachtig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, your dramatic eye makeup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would believe that photo was taken at a carnival 90 years ago. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images