A brief message or update .. whatever you call it!

January 12, 2014

First and foremost: thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes. I actually wanted to hide and not celebrate my birthday at all, but the day I would see myself turn 27 would not be forgotten by friends and family; there was no way that they would made me spend that day as I would any other.

I received numerous happy birthday's - way too much to all answer personally (sadly). But anyway, thank you for the mails, cards, text messages, whatsapps and phonecalls! Appreciated very much! I received some lovely gifts aswell; handy things for our home, the autograph of Carole Landis, gift cards, cookery books from my favorite era and much, much more. Another gift I received is from my dear friend in Mexico, Mr Spike Valentine, who made it happen that you can now reach this blog by typing either www.misslindsaylane.net or just the old url. So thank you very much Spike!

There are some changes to be made this year not only blogwise, but in my life aswell and hopefully these will be good ones. For one: Ben and I are looking for (again) a new place to live. We absolutely adore our chique apartment in the centre of Zutphen with our beautiful view, but reluctantly we admitted that it was too small for us and that we could, in no way, made it into óur home - we have quite a strict landlord. I feel as if we walk on eggshells and that is not something you want to deal with if you want to feel at home. We also live relatively small for quite a large sum of money (we pay 700€ a month). We found a home (made in the rebuilding period after WWII) recently that has still the original kitchen from 1945 and where we would live larger for múch less money. The thing is only ... that I am afraid that I will regret it someday. Cause ofcourse I am going to miss the medieval niches, the large and majestic oven from 1902 in the middle of our living room and our view on the medieval tower ... but beside that, it doesn't give us much else. So, that will be a major change this year and something that will take up some of our time. I noticed a couple of my friends were already cheering with joy when they heard that we were looking for a larger place to live, because of them thinking we might be having children. But no I have to dissapoint them! (These friends of me made bets years ago if I would become a mother some day ... many are still convinced I will but I still don't want any children and I don't see it happening - ever! Sorry friends you lose!).

Now tell me; how's 2014 treating you so far?




You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. Ooooh I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was your birthday! I wish you all the best , and even it's a bit late, super happy wonderful birthday!
    Xoxo Clau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahwww, it's ok! You couldn't know as I haven't announced it really. But thanks so much, still! xxx

      Delete
  2. Always a pleasure, muffin! Keep up that awesome nostalgia, and spread the word in the beautiful way only you can! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. A custom URL is an awesome birthday present! If I didn't already have one for my blog, that would be on my birthday wishlist as well.

    I wish you guys tons of luck when you go hunting for a new home. I've had my fair share of strict, mean, and even nightmarish in one can landlords over the years and fully understand what you mean about that unpleasant sensation of walking on eggshells in your very own home. It's not fun, nor right (to you), and I sincerely hope that your next home will be bigger and come with a far nicer landlord.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling, I hope that too! I am in a big dilemma still but we are going to give it a try by atleast have a look at the house and hopefully that'll solve things! xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh, I didn't know about your birthday. But I want to wish you (even if late) a wonderful and special year of your life. I hope this is another and a specially glowing flower of your garden. A year of conquests and beautiful stories to be written. Happy birthday dear Lindsay!

    Miss Beta

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea for a present - it does not go more personal that a custom-made URL (in the new and modern world, that would be the equivalent to a hand embroidered handkerchief)

    Hug
    Marija

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images