Perfidia

November 18, 2013


".. To you, my heart cries out Perfidia 
For I found you, the love my life 
In somebody else's arms  .. "


" .. Your eyes, are echoing Perfidia 
Forgetful of the promise of love 
You're shared another's charms .."


"..With a sad lament my dreams 
Are faded like a broken melody 
While the Gods of love look down and laugh 
At what romantic fools, we mortals be .. "

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These are my two latest portraits with as title 'Perfidia' from the respective song which is written by Alberto Domínguez. Perfidia was published in 1939 and was a very popular song in the 1940s. It's sung in Spanish aswell as in English. My favorite vocal version is the one sung by Dorothy Lamour in 1945. These pictures were taken whilst that particular song was playing. I always like to play period perfect music in the background on whatever shoot I have; it makes sure I get in a certain mood. Sometimes the photographer prefers his own taste of music and I am fine with that, too. I have once shot Ziegfeld follies themed photos with photographer Spike Bakker whilst posing on metal music. It worked fine.

Perfidia is Spanish for 'perfidy' as in 'false, treachery'. I always try to catch that glamorous vibe, the bygone Hollywood days and I hope it worked out again in these photos. I must say that, despite I am going through a rough time, that I am quite satisfied with these photos and that's quite a rarity. I am a perfectionist and above all very criticizing- to myself.

I will post the song in this post aswell, but beware it's a sad song! But really worth listening and you can dance romantically on this song with your lover.


"..And now, I know my love was not for you 
And so I'll take it back with a sigh 

Perfidia's one goodbye .. "






You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. You look divine! Like a moviestar from the 30s or 20s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you're as gorgeous as Carole Lombard and Jean Harlow ! Also thank you so much for sharing this song! I didn't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous portraits!
    Looks almost like beautiful paintings.
    You are a shinning star Lindsay :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloriously gorgeous images (and model, of course!). You really look stunning, dear Lindsay.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images