Autumn-y

November 10, 2013

Yay! Two posts today!

My boyfriend and I had a lovely stroll through heavy autumn weather. At first I was a bit too warm in my fur coat but within no time the temperature dropped rapidly and it started to rain cats and dogs. We hid at a medieval tower (de droge nap tower) in my hometown and Ben took some photos of me. Consider them as a small outfit post. The coat is already introduced in a previous post but the rest isn't, I believe!


Most of what I wear on these photos is fleamarket loot! I am still deeply in love with my 1930s puff box patterned knitted purse with celluloid frame, decorated with peacocks. And it was quite a steal, too! The hat is 1940s and I don't really wear it thát much. Perhaps I should, as I've been told that the color suits me! I sure love the color burgundy! The gloves I am wearing; I have no idea how old those are (but they are not vintage I believe) and they are a bit too big. I have teeny tiny hands; most gloves don't fit me! The shoes I am wearing are forties too. They belonged to my friend Jip once but she decided to get rid of them, and because we have the same size I was more than willingly to let her pass them on to me. They aren't in the best condition anymore but they function good enough as walking shoes.

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. You look absolutely stunning! I think it is so wonderful that no matter where you go you always look so delightfully glamorous. And yes, the colour of you hat really does suit you too - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ensemble! I love how the multi-coloured threads in that great handbag make me think of autumn's kaleidoscopic colour palette, and thus makes it (the bag) suit this great cold weather outfit all the more.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Jessica! Those colors always cheer me up, yet I don't use it often as it has little space for áll the things I carry along! But it's sure pretty!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! You look very nice and charming. Everything fits very well. And I love the knitted purse! I've been thinking of knitting one similar to this of yours, but I need to find a nice handle. Yours so pretty! I also love the contrast of burgundy hat together with your beautiful hair and eyes, gorgeous!

    And how lucky that your friend passed that shoes to you! So nice of her :-)

    Lindsay Lane, you turn the view even more rich and lively!
    Beautiful...

    Beta x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so!

      I believe there are quite a few patterns out there on how to make these bags! These were common bags for housewifes to make and the frames are for sale aswell!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images