Let Christmas begin!

October 03, 2013



What? Talking about Christmas already? Take it easy - you might think! But yes, somehow I think you can never start early enough with planning Christmas and it's stressful situation of decorating the tree and the place! The supermarkets agree with me wholeheartedly I noticed! Candy treats in shape of a santa clause are dominating the shelves already.

Anyways, I am an avid collector of vintage Christmas prettiness. Not that weird if you consider that we have decorated our house ánd ourselves with nostalgia. Having IKEA ornaments dangling in your tree might come off as odd and utterly misplaced and also; I really think of it as ugly. So yes, vintage ornaments are the way to go for us and they are so, so beautiful. True pieces of art.

Yesterday Ben picked up a box of more Christmas ornament for me as a gift, and the ornaments are from the 1930s and when he told the people how we lived and all they threw in a Christmas bird ornament from the 1930s aswell, for free. How sweet is that?


I really can't wait to start decorating the house with Christmas gorgeousness. Our new house is such a cozy and nostalgic place that Christmas will be amazing this year; decorating our majestic 1902 brick bakery oven/fireplace with garlands, wreaths at the door, tea lights, our enormous windows that have window trims of it's own that I can decorate with fake snow. The wijnhuis tower with it's authentic bells playing Christmas tunes! Yeah, I am really looking forward to Christmas! And you?

Kitty approves the prettiness!

And for those who are also already swimming into the Christmas atmosphere this soon; don't forget to check out my  Vintage Christmas Pinterest board.

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Those are super pretty! I've never been big on Christmas, but I've been going nuts for old ornaments lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really big on Christmas, I aswell, have never been.The Netherlands just fancies some decorations, a tree, presents, music. It's not like the US that entire houses are decorated. But this year ... mhhh ... perhaps I might ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love vintage Christmas decorations so much, I am always on the look out for vintage inspired ones each year! I can't wait to see your tree when you put it up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait too hahah! But they would take me for a fool if I put up a Christmas tree already. xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, pretty please!!! I don't have any big plans and I know my budget will be next to nil, but I'm super excited for the holidays (not of course, that one has to have either or both of those things for a successful/happy Christmas season) and have already started rough drafting this year's menu in my head. Bring on the tinsel, sugar cookies, and wrapping paper!!! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so lovely to raise a glass together, surrounded by vintage loveliness! You know what!? I am just going to make it a New Years resolution for 2014!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images