The Ration Book Diet Blog

August 11, 2013



As many of you already know from my Facebook page, Ben and I went a step further into the past by not only dressing ourselves nostalgic or decorate our apartment from 1330 nostalgic, but we also started with a diet experiment from the 1940s. It's called 'The ration book diet'. It contains recipes that were used in a time when food was on a strict rationing during WWII and it only contains ingredients that were available back then.

It is said that it's not only healthy but that it's also good for your waistline. I have heard many good things about it and people lost weight quickly. Some had a hard time and others decided to stick to this diet for the rest of their lives. Ben and I have decided to give it a go for a full 6 months and then see what we want to do with it. Most of the time I was already cooking nostalgic recipes from the many cookbooks we have but this is slightly different. Our first try on one of the recipes was superb! Looking at the recipes, I feel blessed with the majority of food available today. There is alot that I will miss food-wise (for example, I really loved to eat 'kapsalon' *ssst*, but that wasn't healthy for me anyway) but I am very eager to make this experiment work.

I promised my friends to share the recipes and blog about this experiment. Therefore I made a second blog which will be totally dedicated to this diet experiment and other incidentals that are about food from WWII and, e.g,  a victory garden which Ben and I would like to give a go, too!

For those interested; the blog can be found here: http://wartime-diet.blogspot.com/
There is an aweful lot to do with the - now a bit dull looking - blog, but I hope within time it'll be as nice as this 'Miss Lindsay Lane' blog. I am going to do my utter best!




You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. What a fantastic idea. It should be really interesting for you both to try this experiment out. And for such a long period of time too! I definitely will be keeping an eye out for posts on the new blog you've created just for this diet - I am very curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha!
    Something new to read!
    'The ration book diet' is a theme I saw couple of times - and most of the ladies gave it positive reviews.
    ..looking foreward to more on the subject.

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good blog thanks for share

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images