Photoshoot inspiration

June 13, 2013

A couple of days ago I had a photosession with the brilliant Spike Bakker and I am anxiously waiting for the results. They were inspired by the ziegfeld follies and in particular Jean Ackerman. Spike and I were surprised that the first shot was already dead on and the photos became better and more awesome as we progressed. I have really enjoyed the collaboration between Spike and me.

When I have the results they'll be displayed here aswell! My creativity has not been left behind in the 1920s, but was already brainstorming for a next concept for an upcoming photoshoot - also in Ziegfeld follie style. Namely in the line of The Ziegfeld girl movie from 1941, with the stunning Hedy Lamarr ( I am reading a book about her now and it's very interesting), Lana Turner and Judy Garland.


I have seen almost all of Hedy's films (that includes her famous nude movie Ecstasy from 1933 where you see sexual intercourse and a close up female orgasm before film censorship came in). However, I have also seen the stunning movie 'Ziegfeld girl' from 1941 with it's stunning costumes. I especially love that one Hedy wears and I enthusiastically started to make a costume and headpiece alike. (Lana Turner's outfit is just as great) It will be a stunning outfit for an upcoming photosession.

Hedy Lamarr

Lana Turner







Wow, stars galore haha!

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images