1930s/40s maroon colored jacket

May 13, 2013

Today some photos with a new maroon jacket from the 1930s/40s I got in the mail last saturday. I have to be careful with my money but I bumped into this jacket and could not resist owning it. I am thoroughly happy with it. It's a lovely color that can combined with alot of things. It fits perfectly and I really love the collar and the 'pocket's'.

Please pretend that you do not see the cable of my lovely Ben's laptop, but!, speaking about it, many people say to me that it is not done when you have a laptop/computer/internet when you live a nostalgic life. I get annoyed a bit by these sayings as these people forget that I might be a nostalgic but that I am fully aware that I live (unfortunately) in 2013. I don't fantasize of living in the past cause I simply don't and besides: the ugly modern things break that fantasy within no time would I truly fantasize about it. I can only turn my life that way that it comes close enough to the 1930s and 40s. Many people ask me also why the heck I want to live in that era as it wasn't a nice one. But tell me, is this era a fine one? All you read in the newspaper is that people hurt eachother, which ofcourse happened back then too I am aware. We go through some sort of crisis now, too. Things were simpler. People were nicer. I live according to the 1930s/40s but one simply nééds a laptop for many things such as work, blogwriting ofcourse, and advertise myself as a model and nowadays you cannot go through life because of many things from the society and government that goes via internet and not through paperwork anymore.

I use the computer abundantly I must confess. With this I can find the desired music from that era, my clothing and accessories, radioplays, company from other nostalgist and plan trips with them. I have the luxury to live a life as much as I want according to back in the day ánd have a computer which gives me information about my favorite era's and much more. Without it I wouldn't be there where I am now modelling and acting wise. I got great oppurtunities to play in movies, give interviews for television, magazines and newspapers, go to events to inform people. I made my hobby my job and that is really wonderful. We do not have a television by the way. We think that thing is useless. Everything I would like to see on t.v (which is not much) is also to watch online.

Alright... I have rambled enough now, but I really needed to get this off my chest.

Here's the outfit. Have a rad evening y'all!



Something else:
Ben and I are selling our original Ingrid Bergman autograph as we have no space for it to hang anymore - we have too many autographs. The autograph is signed with pencil in the 1970s. Anyone interested? It's UAC/AFTAL certificated and it has a life long guarantee and it comes with a certificate of authenticity. You'll get the movie 'For whom the bells toll' with Ingrid and Gary Cooper for free. 



A link to the website where you can purchase it:
For more information please contact me.

Also for sale is the autograph of Betty Grable.
It comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Link to purchase it. For more information you can contact me anytime.




You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. Good evening,
    I totally agree, for me I love vintage in a retrospectiv way. I mean I don't want to back (different as you) there and live in this decade. I don't like actual fashion, consumer society (even if I bought too much dresses to my taste, but it second hand so I don't feel guilty at all)... I'm also a feminist, and something hurt me when I saw the video. It's not when the very cut 17 years old girl say that her dream life is to be a housewife, this is her choice and I respect it, really, I'm tolerant and my feminism is about looking forward what you make the most happier in your life. But when the man say that he doesn't want to cut the bread or he totally assums to doing any housework I totally disagree.
    By the way the jacket is perfect on you :)

    Kind regards
    xxx
    Sabra

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is gorgeous, I love how all of the colours of the apartment go so nicely with this outfit too! Your fireplace is so beautiful, it must be so lovely to snuggle up to on cold nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik snap nooit zo goed waarom mensen altijd zo moeten oordelen over het leven van anderen. Leven en laten leven denk ik altijd maar. Je bent vrij om te doen wat je wilt zolang je anderen daarmee maar niet in de weg zit.

    Ik vind het super om te zien hoe jij en Ben als nostalgisten door het leven gaan!

    Wat mij vooral stoort aan deze tijd is dat alles zo snel gaat. Een mens krijgt tegenwoordig zoveel prikkels binnen, het is bijna niet bij te houden.

    En de wegwerpmaatschappij waar we tegenwoordig in leven. Alles draait om kopen en geld. Er wordt geen waarde meer aan spullen gehecht. Mensen elders in de wereld worden uitgebuit voor onze welvaart. En de natuur lijdt er ook ontzettend onder.

    Oeps, het is een beetje een lang bericht geworden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een mooi jasje, het staat je geweldig !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw ben jij Nederlands?! Joepie! Looking good! x

    fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous15 May, 2013

    I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know
    who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if
    you are not already ;) Cheers!

    My web site ... idea woodworking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love your jacket, it is so nice. And I like background, your apartment is so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous17 May, 2013

    My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content for you?
    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome weblog!

    Look into my webpage :: akribos xxiv watches for women

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that while people did terrible things in the 30's and 40's, people also rallied together. War bonds, victory gardens, saving scrap metal to name a few. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images