Paleis het Loo

March 25, 2013

Last saturday I went with a couple of club Interbellum members on a trip in my own hometown; Paleis (Palace) het Loo in Apeldoorn. For history aficionado's that are coming over to the Netherlands; this is a must-see!

It was very cold and very windy and I suffered a bad hairday even the day after! Yet we went and it was a wonderful day!

Some photo's of the event!

Me sitting in the window pane.

Whadda ya mean I look pale?

And not to forget.....
The man behind the camera: Herman van den Bossche.

Photo's (except the first one and the last one) are all made by Herman van den Bossche.
Click for enlargement.

Carriages

Funeral procession Queen-mother Wilhelmina. This was very impressive to see. The carriage was gigantic.



Silk afternoon dress from the 1940s from Queen Wilhelmina.

Bedroom of his Majesty William III (1650 - 1702), King of Great Britain and Ireland, Prince of Orange, Count of Nassau, Stadtholder of Gelderland, Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht and Overijssel.

Queen Wilhelmina's bathroom installed circa 1904.


And off to home again through the cold!
Photo's made by Herman van den Bossche.
Click for enlargement.

And today? It was just as cold! Behold my cold (very early) morning face!

You Might Also Like

5 Comments

  1. This place is wonderful! I want to visit it next time when I come in Holland. You ae so beautiful like always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so beautiful in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as ever! Love that hat! Great outing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place, the interiors are spectacular! You are such a well dressed crowd, I love seeing photos of you with your club Interbellum friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!
    I want to live there, the inside of the Paleis is gorgeous! It's magic! x

    pinupdiarydaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images