Found an old photo

March 15, 2013

Today when I was searching some photos to attach for an interview I had today, I came across a photo I was actually forgotten. It was taken at castle Staverden, also known as the peacock castle. Since 1400 the castle was required to keep white peacocks, as their feathers would be used for helmets. Today, in the summer, there are still white peacocks prancing around. I absolutely love, love, love white peacocks. One of my favorite animals. There were some photo's taken of me and this is one of them.


The castle is for sure a place to visit. You can have high tea's there and stroll in the beautiful garden while surrounded by white peacocks and stunning flowers.
The castle also comes with a ghost story! The ghost of a woman called Lenora seems to haunt the castle still. Her lover was murdered by the man whom she had to marry but did not want. Lenora died after many years of depression and heartache. 

It was definitely spooky when I was there, as there was a thick mist that day and an eerie feeling.




You Might Also Like

5 Comments

  1. I like this photos, you are so beautiful.
    Castle is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such Beautiful photos. I love them, everything about them. I love that they are somewhat creeoy and the fog looks incredible. I really like fog it makes everything look mysterious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stefanie, the fog certainly added to that eerie feeling that hung around there.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, that's a nice bit of fog!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images