My new old winter shoes

February 20, 2013

I am a girl that can handle a great deal of coldness, but the thing I cannot stand are icy feet. However, I have never in my life found proper winter shoes that fit my 1930s/40s wardrobe. Nor could I find the perfect repro's. When I was searching on the Dutch equivalent of Ebay I found, at the last page of my search, thé winter shoes I searched for for a long time. Only, they were a size too big. But I dared to take the risk. One would wear (since many, many years - I have an aversion against it) socks. They arrived pretty quickly and using the socks works fine. I love them. The other thing is, though, they are not from my era; they are from the 1950s but the winter shoes look exactly like the ones from the 1940s.

The shoes are lined with astrakhan fur which will match my 1930s astrakhan collar coat very well. Inside, the shoes are also lined with fur. They are very warm I must say! I am sure I will have pleasure from them for as long as the winter lasts. I am a happy girl!


You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. These are really lovely and look so warm and comfortable.

    I got some Miss L Fire boots but they are little bit high for my taste - still with the lovely fur though. Would much rather steal yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the Miss L Fire boots alot! A bit pricey though! But they are a good investment.

      Delete
  2. Lovely boots! You ard lucky, they are so rare to find!!! I only have 2 pairs of vintage 40's-50's boots but both suede and they are quite fragile, not easy to wear with rain and snow... Enjoy yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are indeed hard to find. I heard many people who want them. I consider myself very lucky!

      Delete
  3. Very nice boots. If you want to use them more than one season a good advice is to have a rubber sole glued on. Winter kills leather soles. Especially vintage ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so for the wonderful tip Anne! I noticed that one sole is already slowly dying.

      Delete
  4. I have a pair of boots very similar. Nice vintage boots are so hard to find. Mine took me on a fun trip down slippery stairs the last time I wore them. But, they are warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did u buy em? i need a pair. i live in belgium and the weather is basically the same as in holland

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images