It won't take long before spring arrives!

February 27, 2013

Oh how long are we waiting for blossomed trees, frolicking lambs, twitterpated birds and lots of green! The winter is really taking it's time; it seems as if it's going on forever! Luckily when autumn came I have well invested in a good winter wardrobe. For some lucky reason I found so many winter items that I have searched for, for so long! This was really my season if it came to finding items. But for the rest I am not made for harsh weather. You won't see me outside unless it's réally necessary. I stay inside all day, surrounded by candles, the heater and a steaming cup of tea in my hand and thick woolen stockings. If not; a thick panty girdle!

But there, in a far distance, I can see spring already knocking on the door! We still have to bite the bullet with the chilly and damp (that ruins your hair awefully) though, but I have seen the first crocuses already! It is time for me to start investing in a spring wardrobe. I do have a lovely collection of clothing for spring and summer but those are all 1940s. Nowadays I am leaning more towards the 1930s fashion wise. It somehow appeals more to me than the forties does. Perhaps it's because Ben and I are surrounded by designs, music, furniture and other household stuff from the 1930s. But I am not (not!) abandoning the 1940s.

The 1930 housekeeping magazine stated that it was clever to invest in a knitted plaid sports suit in Sun Colors with fairway green, fairway red, jungle yellow, dessert sun and a dark blue used as accents or combined with white for both sports and evening wear.


The one piece flat crepe frock was also a trousseau must.
Colors and patterns galore!


At the end of the month I'll be playing Sherlock and find me some lovely frocks and suits in sun colors and dashing patterns! And cute hats to go along! Are you excited for spring, too? Or are you more a winter-y type?


You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. I'm VERY excited for spring. I love all the seasons (summer weather the least, but summer activities, yes!), including winter, but I'm ready for winter to be over for sure. I love all the colors in the outfits shown above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love summer, too! Sipping cocktails. Although I probably don't look as fancy with a sweaty forehead, puffing like a pregnant woman barely able to move. I love, love, love spring the most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the spring colours and have been having such a hard time finding winter appropriate clothing. I think it might be that I would rather spend money on a pretty and bright summer frock over a dark one, even though I need heavier fabrics in my wardrobe. Its weird because I too prefer to stay indoors. Good luck on finding your perfect spring clothing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had exactly the same! I didn't want to spend my money on thick and dark clothing. But the previous winters I had been so cold that I thought "now I am going to search for some nice winter clothing!" And I did. I didn't appreciated the winter clothing as much as I did with the summer clothing, but I learned otherwise now. Winter clothing can be as beautiful as sunny summer frocks!

      Delete
  4. Hurry up spring time! Although it can be tricky deciding what to wear when the weather is so changeable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These spring fashions are lovely, what gorgeous fabrics. I think I prefer the cosy feel of winter clothing, especially on a cold but bright day like we had today. I have almost finished knitting a pair of mittens and need it to stay cool enough to wear them a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some woollen dresses that are so itchy! I don't have that with the soft fabrics used in spring or summer time!

      Delete
  6. De lente mag van mij ook komen! Mooie plaatjes weer!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images