Travelling: Antwerp

January 02, 2013

The year 2012 brought, like the years before, a lot of sadness and changes in my life. Some difficult to cope with, others were for the better. Therapy wise I learned alot of new things, though some were hard to chew and opened a can of worms. But you know what they say: you always have to bite the bullet. It goes from worse to rotten and from rotten on you can build yourself up again to a better life. That's what's happening to me now at the moment. My therapist, whom I see this year already for four years, still believes that a good ending lies in my fortune. The year 2012 was the year where I had to deal with my trauma's and I started EMDR therapy. I could not finish it as it was too hard and painful for me, but this year I am gonna give it a go again. Hopefully I'll be a lot stronger.

Last year I met wonderful new people many of them became my friends, but I also met rotten people. I suffered a great deal from a stalker which turned into a police case and unfortunately he's still on the loose and I am afraid to go out on the streets every now and then, plus it made me keep my Facebook and such other things as private as I could get it - something I vowed never to do so, as it made me feel that I let the other take control over my life. But in this case it was necessary. These days it's quiet and I hope it stays that way. Luckily I learned how to filter out the bad people and abandon those who only wish to harm me. However, I also had many great photoshoots and meetings with people who share the same interest as me in 2012, and those are the important things. I am proud to be a member now of Club Interbellum - definitely a highlight! It feels great to be among people who think like you and live like you do. Another highlight of 2012 was absolutely a new beginning with Ben. I jumped from the other relationship into this one, but you know ... if your in love you have to make the right choice, do what's good for you and try to harm the one you leave as little as possible. It's not done for me to cheat on someone or keep them on a string. There was no other choice but to leave that relationship. My relationship with Ben feels as breathing and I finally - no exaggeration! - learned what real love was. For many it might've seen a bit quick, but sometimes one needs to jump without not knowing what lays ahead. This time I made the right jump!

This year was a year filled with losses and the biggest loss of this year was the passing away of my grandfather - just before Christmas. He always hated Christmas, so it was typically my grandfather to leave the world with this big bang. He will be missed. I have learned so much from him: my appreciation for nature, books, classical music and art. Those will live on in me.

Every year I hope that the new year will be my year. It never seems so, but one keeps hoping. Sóme year will be my year right?! So who knows this one is it! I have great new opportunities upcoming; great meetings and a tón of photoshoots. I am very looking forward to it, and I am gonna give definitely more than last year or the year before.

I hope to meet many more amazing people and get much more offers to pose in front of a lens.
I hope you all had a marvelous new years celebration and I wish everyone (read: everyone!) a marvelous 2013 with lots of awesomeness and love!

~~~~


Ben and I wanted to celebrate our New Year in a different country. We chose Antwerp at the last minute. Not a wrong choice! Such a beautiful city with so much history! Unfortunately the photo's are not very splendid, as I had to make them with my phone!

Our hotel was the Diamonds and Pearls. A great hotel with a much greater hotelroom. It was totally to our likes! We brought two bottles of champagne and looked forward to step with eachother into a new fresh year.



Me standing at the enormous Christmas tree donated by Norway. Goodness, the smell of that tree was so nice. Closed my eyes and I went from Belgium to a Norwegian forest.

The great Market


A well deserved drink after a long travel in the early morning - we arrived at midday mind you, hence the wine!

Our marvelous hotel room. 














The great market.



A blurry photo of the firework.

Sunny January morning.








Warm and cozy in a cafe with a winter beer.


You Might Also Like

21 Comments

  1. Happy new year! Hope 2013 is your year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too lady!

      Delete
  2. I always wonder when ‘my’ year will appear too- I’m hoping it’s this one!
    Anyway, wishing you the very best for the year ahead miss.
    And here’s to a blooming fabulous 2013!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Tups. Well let us hope this year will be ours! Happy new year miss!

      Delete
  3. Al het beste voor het nieuwe jaar. Dat je geleerd hebt van het vorige en het nu beter kan en mag doen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insgelijks en hartstikke bedankt!

      Delete
  4. Good luck to you this year, I too had a really bad 2012, I am so glad to see it go! 2013 has to be at least a little better...Love your pics, that hotel room looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am crossing my fingers that 2013 will be much better for you, too!

      Delete
  5. Nice pics of Antwerp! Happy New Year! Hopefully the upcoming year REALLY is your year! Hugs, Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too Liz! And, thanks!!

      Delete
  6. Hope 2013 is good for you. Looks like you celebrated the new year in style :-)
    P.S. love your hat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really needed a little trip and celebrate New year somewhere else.

      Delete
  7. The photo's looked great even from a phone.
    It looks a wonderful place you are so lucky.
    Have a very Happy New Year.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were indeed quite lucky. There were barely hotelrooms left except for this one. And look what kind of room we had! It was marvelous. So I consider myself lucky indeed!

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year!
    Been following you blog and you are an inspiration!
    Hugs from Portugal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely Susy! Happy new year to you, too!

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year!
    Been following you blog and you are an inspiration!
    Hugs from Portugal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes for this new year! I'm sure you'll ve a bright future! :) I suffered from angst, depression etc. for years and I konw what you've been through but I feel so much better now! Never give up!

    You both look so lovely together and you are stunning as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope 2013 will be finally your year!!!
    I also really loved Antwerp when we were there a few years ago, the Antiques district is amazing!
    Have fun and Happy New Year to Ben and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, you've been given an award! :)

    Find out more: http://jessicasvintage.blogspot.nl/2013/01/yay.html

    xo Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year darling! I wish you and Ben a wonderful 2013, I hope you both have many fabulous vintage finds and find that dream apartment you've been hunting for :D

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images