Daydreaming ... about pretty apartments

December 07, 2012

In a time when snow falls and the inner romanticist of me comes up, I quickly fade into daydreaming. That's what I have been doing the past two days now. We have a thick layer of that pretty white snow for a couple of days now and it seems that it won't be gone for a while. The heater is on, a cup of cinnamon tea with apple in my hand, candles burning, and softly in the background old Christmas tunes from the '30s are playing from my 1930s radio.

When I searched the internet for interesting things to feed my 1930s and '40s obsession with, I came across a most marvelous photo of a beautiful apartment. My dream apartment. It shows only a little part of a room, but definitely enough that it would make me pack my stuff and move into it immediately. Nowadays I am -together with Ben- on a quest to find plenty of old stuff to fill our upcoming house in Zutphen (the Netherlands) with.

Isn't this a striking doorway? I absolutely love the Art Deco lamps next to the doorway, too. I am a big Art Deco aficionado, and I definitely want to indulge myself in it in our house.

Such an apartment, ofcourse, asks for an exorbitant dressing room ala Jean Harlow's.

And screams for a bed like this:

And while I am daydreaming; why not imagine that I will walk around like Ginger in the picture below all the time!?



You Might Also Like

15 Comments

  1. That doorway is AMAZING! It would be wonderful to have a large dressing room/closet to fill with pretty vanities and luxurious carpets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sigh, wouldn't it? I am so much in love with that doorway.

      Delete
  2. I love the doorway...incredible. It all looks so lush. I think I will join you in daydreaming about one day living like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... perhaps one day it comes true for the both of us and then we don't have to daydream anymore haha!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh....everything you describe sounds so delicious...snow...tea...candles...vintage Christmas carols! *sigh*!!!

    I can't wait to see what your new home will look like! I myself am all too keen to move out (I live in a share house)so I can't decorate the interior to my liking...and it makes me so depressed about my surroundings. But you know, one day I will have my dream home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes you have to go a long way to get your dreamhouse. I can imagine how terrible it must be to live in a share house. I've never done that, never intend to. I hear the most terrifying stories about that. I am crossing my fingers for you that you'll find your dreamhouse soon!

      Delete
  4. Haha they're all amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely dwelling such an apartment would be--so glamorous and luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last photo? Yeah, that's what I look like at home... kidding. ;)
    I need to install a huge doorway like that somewhere in my house now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am almost at the point that I am going to ruin my house to make such a doorway hahaa!

      Delete
  7. I'm delighted to have discovered your blog, being a fan of all things art deco and glam! That doorway in the first photo is from my dream home! You have your newest follower!

    I've recently started my own vintage clothing blog, do pop by and let me know what you think :)

    Emalina
    www.kikiandthegypsy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so Emaline, and while we speak, can I say that you have a beautiful name? Thanks alot for following me!

      Delete
  8. I love Art Deco too....what gloriously beautiful photographs you have found! Lovely blog...so will have to follow! Have a fabulous weekend!
    May x
    walkinginmay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images