Ginger's gowns

November 10, 2012


It's not a secret that my favorite actress of all time is Ginger Rogers. Not only my favorite actress but also my greatest style icon, and in my opinion one of the most beautiful women that walked the earth. She and her movies really make me laugh. Especially 'Bachelor Mother'. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do. It's one of my favorite movies in general. And I can watch it over and over again. 'Vivacious lady' is also a joy to watch.

If you know a bit about Ginger, you know she is a terrific dancer. And if you have seen a couple of her dancing movies, you also probably know that she always looks so stunning in her dancing gowns, with her co dancer Fred Astaire. It makes one jealous and I always make it my goal after watching such a movie, to start with classic dance classes and become as good as her. A girl can dream, right?

Her outfits are that stunning that you can write a whole book about it. Well perhaps I will one day, but for now I just make a short postlet with pictures of her stunning-ness!


















Hypnotic dance from Carefree, 1938
Oh how I wish I could dance like this. So elegant,
so romantic. *Le sigh*




You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Wonderfully inspiring photographs!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Porcelina xx

    www.porcelinasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was so beautiful and she had such an elegance when she danced...Love her..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful woman!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful, with the perfect clothes to match as well, oohh im a little jealous,
    Love Lil x
    www.littleliloflondon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images