Any idea how wives should undress in front of

November 12, 2012

... their husbands? Are there any rules on how you shóuld? Appearently there are! Learn along with me!

I think some of us know the feeling: you just have a new beau and insecurity steps in. Ofcourse you want to show yourself from your best angle instead of acting like a clumsy clown when it comes to undressing in the bedroom in front of your man. You want to be a sultry woman with Burlesque-y verve who charmingly gets rid of her clothes, with a wild look on her face like a tigress that is about to catch her prey. Arms that get stuck in sleeves, dresses that need to be pulled over your head because you have hips (and also makes your hair all messy), while your man asks himself with one eyebrow raised why the hell you are fighting with your clothes and why he never encounters such a problem - This is not done in our world. Not in mine that is atleast!

Methinks that tips always come in very handy. (Ex)-Burlesque star, professor June St. Clair, shows us how it should be done. (They teached women at school how to undress for their husband? Yes they did, and it would have done me no harm to have such a class aswell in my schooltime, as ... oh....I am such a clumsy person if it comes to these things!)

Left is how not to undress. Right is how it should be done.






“Ex-Burlesque stripper, Professor June St. Clair, sexily undressing as a typical wife clumsily disrobes next to her during a demonstration on how wives should undress in front of their husbands’ in the bedroom, for a class at the Allen Gilbert School of Undressing, 1937.” 
Photo source: Retronaut.com

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. I love it :) They really used to learn such things in school? How cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it were school lessons given to children that went to school. But more evening classes or something! Nonetheless, I could use such lessons!

      Delete
    2. Have you seen this film with Julia Roberts "Mona Lisa Smile"? There was kind of school that girls was teached how to be a good wife...

      Delete
  2. Oh wow haha, I had no idea such things were on the curriculum! I loved this post, and the one about what not to talk about with a man, I hope you make more posts like these :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in that era it was all about how to please your husband! Be a perfect, flawless wife for him.

      I am sure making more of these posts!

      xx

      Delete
  3. These photos are so smile-inducingly charming. I've never seen them before, but will be grinning all day over them now.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are absolute fun to watch! One neither saw them before, not even knew gals could learn these things! ;-)

      Delete
  4. AHHAHAHAH i love this! I'm so the "what not to do" girl though! Glad I've found your blog, definitely will be reading lots!

    Nora
    NoraFinds

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious! As a shining example of inelegance, I shall take notes ;)

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images