Outfit of today-o

October 08, 2012

Wearing one of my most recent purchases here: a lovely 1940s laced dress that I bought on my shopping trip with Club Interbellum. I am smitten with it.

I am also wearing my lizard skinned heels also dating from the forties. Mind you, I am only wearing these for the photo. I love the brown color combined with the dress. The shoes are in terrible condition. It doesn't show it on the photo, but because it is lizard skin, it's very fragile and the nose of the shoes has a few tearings in it. It should be repairable with a complete new leather inside, but you'll always see the cracks. Unfortunatly. So, these beauties are on my shelf to look at only. Or to wear on occasions such as outfit photo's!










You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. It is unfortunate about the shoes because they are stunning. Love the beautiful dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dress, it suits you perfectly!
    What a pity for those shoes that they are not wearable anymore....
    I have found a way to enjoy my vintage clothes that are not wearable anymore: http://lostin1950.blogspot.fr/2012/10/guest-post-eva.html

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images