Orange and platforms

September 17, 2012

Goodmorning everyone! How are you doing?

Just took a couple of shots to show you what my outfit is for today!
The cardi is known by many since I already have it a long time. Unfortunatly the autumn weather is knocking on the door and the time of floral frocks, bare legs and arms are almost over! I expect we get a cold winter in the Netherlands ( as usual!). It's so unfair that the summer period seems so much shorter than the winter, and I have no clue - again - for an autumn and winter wardrobe. I am always so non - inspired if it comes to these wardrobes.

Anyway let's get back on what I am wearing today!


 A well known orange cardigan which I found on a fleamarket to keep me warm. A well known black dress that I have for ages and which has been shown on this blog multiple times. And my new old 1940s platform pumps ordered from Etsy.


That they are really from the forties was clear from the very first moment. They weren't very steady anymore and the straps of the ankle have been broken several times. Luckily I had some contact glue and fixed it. One hopes that they will stay in one piece now. I just adore them, and most of you know that I am a huge forties platform aficionado. 

I have no idea why I pull my head in this weird stiff position! 



Some great other news; I have been chosen by a national well-known women's magazine to do a photoshoot and interview about myself being a nostalgist! I am very excited!

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. That first photo is just gorgeous, I love your orange cardie!
    I also have no idea what to wear when it comes to winter...it must get very dull getting dressed up when you have to put a great big heavy coat over what you're wearing. That said, you have such beautiful summers in the Netherlands, I was in Holland in summer once and it was so crisp and refreshing, not sticky and humid like it is in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine for an Australian lady you love the summers in the Netherlands, but I find them horrible. The other day it's 16 degrees and the other day 30 and the summers here are very short.

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit! I haven't packed away my summer wardrobe yet, but will definitely have to do so over the next few weeks. Still, I always find a few Autumn frocks I'd forgotten about so I'll look forward to that!

    Porcelina xx

    P.S. If you want to be in with a chance of winning some beautiful stationery please head over to my blog www.porcelinasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so Porcelina. Unfortunatly my winter wardrobe is not as big as my summer wardrobe. Oh well, it's a nice reason to buy more vintage clothing and suck my wallet empty, no?

      I'll have a look!

      Delete
  3. Those shoes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting about your interview! Love the shoes by the way, they look amazing with the black dress! Very sultry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat ongelofelijk spannend dat je gevraagd bent voor een interview en fotoshoot! Welk blad is het, dan hou ik de bladen in de gaten houden? O, wat vind ik jouw zwarte schoenen toch vreselijk mooi!Liefs, Gonnie
    ps. neem je zelf deze foto's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik weet niet of ik het al mag verklappen. Maar het begint met een V en eindigd op A :P

      Delete
  6. Wat leuk dat je geïnterviewd wordt. Ik hou het in de gaten!

    Grappig, ik kijk al tijden uit naar de winter, lekker mijn gebreide vestjes weer aan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gefeliciteerd met die shoot. Lijkt me geweldig. En natuurlijk, as always, erg leuke en mooie foto's.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images