We'll meet again..

February 24, 2012

Mr R and I actually have only backstage pictures of us during our shoots. Because I haven't modelled for a long time with a co-model, I came up with the idea of making pictures together using the self-timer. It was freezing at the very old station of Beekbergen. It's one of the stops the steam locomotives of the 'Veluwsche stoomtrein maatschappij' { Trans: The Veluwsche steam locomotive firm } uses when they travel from my hometown city to the city 'Dieren'. Have a look! It's a moving museum! And really worth taking this trip if you ever come to the Netherlands.

Mr R and I checked up on some old stations and ended at 'Beekbergen' near my hometown. We have quite a few, but they didn't looked thát pretty. Luckily for us; the steam locomotive wagons were there. You had to walk on the property of the people who live in a little house what used to be a little station house, but they let us be. Luckily for us we were the only ones walking on the platform, so we could shoot in silence. The forecast predicted bad weather, but the gods were kind and it only rained and hailed when we were sitting in the car - freezing though.

We had a lot of laughter, as I constantly bursted out in laughter when I had to look in Mr R's eyes!
But we sure booked some good results, and I am proud of this serie.

Two rusty gold signs hanging on the little stationshouse. { A chocolate factory ad of Droste and a coffee advertisment of Douwe Egberts}.

{ Two more ads. The first about the coffee brand Douwe Egberts again, and the other one is a tobacco ad. }

And here are our photo's:



We'll meet again,
Don't know where,
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through,
Just like you always do
Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away...



It had some doing to give the photo's the right atmosphere, but I think I nailed it if I say so myself.

Photographer: S.Elf-timer
Model: Lindsay Lane
Male model: Robin Peterman
Retouche: Lindsay Lane

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. When I saw the title of this post I was worried that you were going away!!!

    These are really lovely shots dear, very film noir! I think it's Mr R's fedora especially that gives the photos this touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos! You both look wonderful.. (I love black and white photos..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look smashing Lindsay! Fantastic pictures and what a great setting!
    And what about you hat… gosh what a stunner- I am in love, but nothing new there, as 30’s/40’s hats are a weakness of mine!
    Beautiful as always, and thanks for sharing.

    Tupney x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous pictures in the most perfect setting. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos :)
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for photos. They are wonderful! And I envy you such a good looking male model ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing and beautiful start of (hopefully) a beautiful duo-shoot collaboration! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG... HE IS SO... YUMMY!!! Is he married? *lol*

    Wonderful pictures!
    W O N D E R F U L!!!

    (you look gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hihi, not married but he is mine :p

    @ Everyone: Thanks for the wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, in the hospital where I'm a nurse, we use that same brand coffee -- Douwe Egberts!! (:

    These are lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images