Hat from 1944

January 22, 2012

I went thrifting at the local flea market - held every month - all by myself. Unfortunatly I came at a time when it was extremely crowded. Me and many people is a no go. However I spotted a hat! I knew it had to be from the 1940s. I've became quite skilled in dating hats, and the owner of the stall could give me more detailed information; it was from 1944. I was thrilled and bought the hat for the very cheap prize of €4,50. That's a real steal!

I am very much in love with this hat, and it's still good enough for wear!


It has cute flowers at the back:


I also bought a vintage marine blue woollen cardigan with a floral pattern. Pictures of those later on!


You Might Also Like

11 Comments

  1. You are so cute! And that hat is a steal! :) I love the flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks so much! That is really sweet of you to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flower detail! What a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photo of you wearing it? :-) I love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! There is an award for you in my blog...if you're interested and you need a translation just ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a beautiful hat. Wish I could score some finds like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just found your blog, and I am so glad that I did!
    That has is simply gorgeous, and rather cheap, too!


    Sincerely,
    Paris of The Vintage Look

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images