A walk at 'Berg & Bosch'.

June 28, 2011

I went for a walk with my mother at a place called 'Berg and Bosch' { Translation: Mountain and forest }, which is a national park in my hometown with pretty places and things of which I didn't knew they excisted.

The walk was good for me, as I have been pondering and being buzy lately, which totally exhausted me. It was good to be in the nature, smell the forest, hear the birds chirping etcetera. Well .. and ofcourse I didn't left without taking any pictures. The national park knows a long, long history. It's a unique combination of history, nature and culture.'Berg and Bos' has about 2,100 inhabitants and stems largely from the 1930s. Typically, the spacious design with "meandering" lanes, a special constellation of the buildings and even the ubiquitous afforestation. "Berg en Bosch 'is the name of the former estate of the Antwerp merchant J.C Wils. Became rich in timber, he bought in the end of the nineteenth century, staged wasteland. The land was mostly planted with pines, which are useful for mining timber. Wils also built some villas on the estate, many of whom were operated as a guesthouse. Early twentieth century the estate was sold to the municipality of Apeldoorn and then parceled out for villa construction.



Work on parc 'Berg & Bosch'. An unemployment relief project during the Depression era, 1930's




I wore the same outfit as I am wearing in my latest postlet, but still worth posting!






{ Yes I've climbed it!!}


You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. !! Amazing forest! So different than the land where I live ~ lush, green and beautiful with those fantastic flowers...thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the images! They're all so lovely, especially with the oldish effect. The park, itself, seems like a very peaceful place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely place and lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

  4. oh.. so nice post.)
    Love your blog.))

    I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
    1. Why did you create a blog?
    2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
    3. How long will it keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, a place i want to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images